Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I've been delinquent in writing....

Friday evening, we got the boys off to their football game - and we took off at dusk flying to Oriental. Had a wonderful, clear air flight down to New Bern. Got our "extra" car out of it's out-of-the-way parking spot and headed the 30 minutes to Oriental. We stopped at our favorite resturant - The Steamer - before going to the boat. I always have a "Po-Boy" sandwich - which is just fried seafood on a nice bun with heaps of tarter sauce. Yum. Most of the seafood served there is fresh caught locally (according to the waitress). Sure tastes fresh.

Our boat has a certain "smell" that we've been trying to eliminate....this time we decided to remove all the "sanitation" hoses. This means sewer lines. Yuck. Oh well, we ended up just working on the boat the whole weekend instead of going sailing. It was fun, in a weird kind of way. You get to know alot about the boat when you disassemble parts of it!

We flew back home in the middle of a rainstorm Sunday morning. Duane was pilot since I am starting to dislike flying in the clouds more than usual (mainly because I don't do it enough). We needed to be a home for Robert's first Eagle Project Workday. All went well with the work project - he's got a few more days scheduled over the next month or so. Hopefully, the trophy case will be finished by December so he can get his Eagle Scout Board of Review taken care of well before his 18th birthday. Watching other kids over the years in Scouts is informative - they usually wait to the last minute - then they scurry around trying to find their "blue cards" (proof of merit badges) and other paperwork. I'm sure it will be the same for Robert. Procrastination is a problem for all of us!

I've been speaking with Mom quite a bit lately concerning Grandma's health. Sounds like she's a little on the mend as of today. I offered to go home for a few days to help out with the round-the-clock "companionship". Hope they need me - I would enjoy the visit!

More later!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey K,

Saw your post - I hope all is well now with the boat. Do y'all need a contribution for the Eagle project? I'm calling mom this morning. I'll talk to you soon.

T

Karen said...

Hey T, We'll know if we fixed our problem next time we go to the boat!! I think Robert would enjoy any contribution that one would like to make to his Eagle Project. A big part of the project is documenting everything you do - and one of the items is the list of "donors". Better to have a long list as opposed to a short one!

See ya, K