Friday, November 17, 2006

Read all the way to the end of this!!


Yesterday, I was going to just do sandwiches or something for dinner...but Teresa inspired me - so I got out a bag of greens that one of my employees brought me...





I did my usual - just "fried" them with garlic and some olive oil....this time, I cheated and used a couple of spoonfuls of prepared minced garlic I keep in the refrigerator for just such instances.



It's amazing how much the greens decrease in size. An entire grocery bag full of fresh greens ended up being just one great big serving for me!!


I had to have something else to go with the greens. In keeping with the theme of veggies that were given to me, I cooked an acorn squash that Granny and Corty had given me last time I was in Asheville. I just punctured it a couple of times and cooked it whole for 10 minutes in the micro. Then I split it and took out the seeds - then just sprinkled powdered sugar and cinnamon....so I had a nice veggie dinner.




Now for the really good stuff!!










I decided I just HAD to do something with my hair....here's the before shot -












And here's the after shot....it's been a while since I had any "style" ....I kindof like it!

Love, K

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

I absolutely love the "do" - It looks wonderful - what did the boys think???

Love ya,

T

Karen said...

hey, duane says he likes it - although his first reaction was "did you ask PERMISSION to do that" just joking, of course...the kids just think anything I do is strange....Love, K

affectioknit2 said...

I think it looks great - has Mom seen you yet?

T

Karen said...

hey - no, mom won't see me in person until wednesday. k