Saturday, December 23, 2006



We are doing a small "wintertime" boat project. We unbolted the bow and stern little "perch" seats from the boat and brought them home with us to refinish. The sun apparently does ALOT of damage to varnished teak if you don't put more varnish on every year....apparently, no one had put varnish on this year as you can tell by the damaged finish.






We sanded all the old finish until all the pieces look pretty. I got this special "spar" varnish at the boat store. Here's what it looked like both unfinished and one coat of varnish.





UGH - 7 more coats to go! (and 24 hours to dry/light sanding in-between!)

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - that looks pretty - I keep saying I'm going to refinish the coffee and end tables that Nanny gave us - but after your experience with the table I'm a bit wary - I think I've identified all of the "plastic" pieces that would need to be removed and replaced with some sort of wood molding - so maybe this spring when one can stand to be outside...

Love ya,

T

Elizabeth said...

Hi, nice to see what you did with turnips, I'll try that. I still have some in garden. E