Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Well, everyone needs Christmas traditions....ours got started a couple of years ago when we had a trip planned to the British Virgin Islands for a few weeks right before Christmas. Because we were going to be gone so much of the pre-Christmas season, I decided that a Christmas tree was not going to be required. Instead, I got this crazy idea to decorate the ficus tree instead! The idea seemed like such a good one, I've used it every year since!

Now, you must know a little history of this particular ficus tree and why it warrents being honored as the faux-Christmas tree. Teresa sent me that tree as a gift when I was promoted to Staff Engineer at IBM in about 1987. Of course, it was just a potted plant at the time!! I kept it at New Hill. Took it to Boca Raton. Brought it back to New Hill. and so on....It gets moved outside every spring and thrives on the sunlight. Right before the first frost every year, I muscle it back inside to the corner of the living room. It's terribly root-bound, but I'm afraid to move it to a bigger pot - it would just get bigger...not what I need!








Well, I'd better get busy - lot's to do!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Pretty Tree! Your green thumb is showing...

Love ya,

T

JOSHUA S BLACK said...

Hey, the Christmas tree is not sacred, therefore any substitute you choose is just fine with me!

Not so much with religion, though.

Everyone seeks a religion that makes them happy, that is "good for them," but what they don't think about is God. God is good, wouldn't you agree? And God, being good, cannot allow evil to go unpunished. In the last decade, there were over 100,000 unsolved murder cases in the US alone. Should God turn a blind eye? Not if He is good!

But, my friend, God is so good, that He will not only punish murderers and rapists, but He will also punish liars and thieves and adulterers. Think you're too good to be worried? Why not take a quick test to find out. You have nothing to lose--especially if you're going to Heaven anyway!

God bless you, and I do hope to see you there.