Sunday, July 15, 2007

One of the neighbors brought me a potted daylilly for my 40th birthday party. I planted it outside the next year. It has lived very nicely in the garden since then. It has reproduced and now I have about 6 or 7 of the same flower. It's one of the prettiest things in the bed...unfortunately, I have to wait all spring and early summer to enjoy! The buds started forming about a month ago. Worth the wait!



Dick and Lindy are continuing to give me their extra produce - it's a lot of fun. I took them some "garbage cookies" yesterday as a very poor form of compensation.

Here are some "fuzzy" soybean-like pods. They called the name, but I can't remember what it was. Lindy had boiled some in saltwater and let me try them. Yum! You just squeeze the pod open and out pop a couple of pea-like beans. They were a really neat snack.


Just photos of my "haul" yesterday.....


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those day lilies do make a nice show. The veggies are nice too. I'll post a photo of some of mine. Our corn is not in yet but is doing very well. E

affectioknit2 said...

WOW - our garden's nowhere near that productive - we've had some onions, green tomatoes, one head of broccoli and zucchini so far - and a lot of work and you get all the benefit...

Love,

T

affectioknit2 said...

PS - the lilies are lovely...

T