Friday, December 21, 2007

It's a dreary winter day today....the "boys" are all at work and I'm just doing some house-cleaning. Nothing spectacular, just normal laundry, etc.

We have some great neighbors - Barney and Jackie (if you recall they host the Thanksgiving weekend "Brunswick Stew Bash" every year) brought by this lovely table centerpiece. She makes them a little different each year with items from the woods around her house. Cool! The feathers are from wild turkeys in the area - (Is using feathers discarded "voluntarily" by a bird OK by vegan standards??)



We're pretty much ready for Christmas - the boys are getting exactly what they asked for - Richard gave me a link to order a particular speaker for his card....easy but impersonal! Robert wanted to have his trumpet repaired - so he took it by a shop in Raleigh - he had several dents and dings - but wants it to be pristine for next year. Of course, I've got them a few little other items to open on Christmas day....I'll eventually cut that back also, I suppose!

Duane and I are giving each other a "trip" to Tunica, Mississippi the day after Christmas. Assuming the weather is good, we'll fly over (it's 4.5 hours - pretty much the limit of a full tank of avgas in our plane!) If the weather is not good, we'll stay home 'til it is good!

I'm going to show you what the guest room looks like right now - Robert moved back in for the winter break.....looks like old times!!


3 comments:

KDAB said...

what you going to Tunica for???
ha ha iknow of course

Karen said...

yup, he he

affectioknit2 said...

I don't know - tell me - please???

The guest room (my room) looks just the same.

Nice centerpiece - I'll have to post a pic of ours. Gathered feathers are OK with me...

Love,

T