Saturday, March 29, 2008

I went home for a short visit yesterday with my sister who is down visiting from North Dakota.

One of my employees, Bobbi, was off work and wanted to ride with me. She had never been west of Winston-Salem. It was a nice, quick trip.



We stopped in Winston for the "Hillary" show. Had really good seats and enjoyed the experience. Interesting speech - first political speech I've seen in person. It was neat to watch the Secret Service and all the campaign staff.




Very long line - we were there early and got some of the last seats. Many of these people in line didn't get in....


She seemed very sincere. Don't know if she could actually do what she's saying she can....


Very tired looking also. I guess I would be too.

Bobbi had never seen the mountains up close before, so Teresa, Bobbi and I went for a nice long ride from Brevard back to Asheville.

We stopped at Looking Glass Falls....



Then we headed up the Parkway - the trees are still mostly bare. I like it better with leaves!!


The famous Cold Mountain....was chilly!
The plan was to meet all my "girl relatives" on my Mom's side in Asheville.

Pretty trees on Wall St. while we were waiting on Mom, Grandma, Denise and Trudi.
Silly wig shop - we were just wandering around the little "artsy" section..





We all agreed that we could eat at a Vegan restaurant that Teresa knew about.

Grandma and Mom

Trudi and Teresa

Denis and I - I'm sure there are some better photos of this as the waitress took a "group shot".

Group shot at Grandma's of the 3 generations.


The daughters and in-laws! Aren't we cute?








2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Very nice post! Thanks for all the pictures - I'll post the group shot - it's very nice too - the Hillary rally looks like a lot of fun and as you say interesting - Did you get Grandma's list of why she is...

Love,

T

Karen said...

no, i don't know what list you're talking about...