Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weirdest thing - the deer are eating all sorts of things in my flower bed this year!

Here are my regular old bearded iris's I've had for 20+ years, thru the various residences...chomped off close to the ground.


The deer must be hungry because of the drought or something....never before have the iris's been touched. They're eating the red-hot poker vegetation and my "burning bush" leaves also.

Strange also because there is still plenty of green grass around - maybe it's not tender enough. Hope this doesn't hurt the blooms this summer. That's another point, though - they are eating the summer blooming items, not the items in bloom now. I oughta write in to one of the horticulture columns in the newspaper!!!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Yep - you should - that's interesting - now up here the deer even start eating the pine trees in late winter and they are looking pretty thin - I'll post a pic as they come through our yard.

Love,

T