Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nothing much going on, so I took a little stroll this morning and snapped some flowery photos...my "red hot pokers" are "red hot"!!



Some pretty Dianthus (Sweet William??) left over from several years ago...I bought the 6-packs of "annuals" at the local Lowe's. Instead of being annual, it comes back just as pretty year after year. This is probably 4 years old now - no special treatment - it just dies back some during the winter, then perks up in springtime.


Here is a sprig of Columbine from Mom's yard. Delicate little flowers.



This is my big rose bush that I transplanted from the side yard a couple of years ago (it wasn't getting enough sun)... Note the large, pretty pink bud here -



Now this is kindof weird - this is a little rosebush that sprouted from the root-stock of the pink rose above. Note that this is a small, red bud. No-where near pink. I'm positive that it's from the same root as above because no other rose bush has ever been planted there. They must have root-stock that is red and then graft other varieties on top. Only 'splanation I can come up with!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

I can't believe how green everything is down there - still pretty brown up here...

I like the red/pink roses - I thought yellow ones were your favorite...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

My pokers are not even budding. All your flowers are lovely. E