Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In case you haven't already, look at my brother Eddie's short video about Radon gas as a cause of non-smoker lung cancer. Luckily, his small cancer was found during a x-ray for a kidney stone - he's had a lobe of his lung removed and he's currently cancer-free:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvoZ1pP3ak

I promised I'd get my house radon-tested - just now finished the two day test kit -


Here's the test media - just place it in the lowest level of the house for 48 hrs undisturbed. I chose to put it in the unfinished "utility room" in our basement. It's the only room that has unfinished concrete floors - so I assumed that would be the area that might be the highest in radon gas. Don't know for sure, but it seems logical to me.



Here's the kit ready to mail off - I'll post the results when I get them!! Hope it's "less than 4"!!!!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Our 48 hours is up tomorrow - ND is red on the US radon map so we're hoping our levels are low - we did two tests one downstairs in the family room and one upstairs in the living room. Good luck!

Love,

T