Monday, August 25, 2008

I've been busy and away from my computer for a while!

I made the trip to Boone on Friday to help Richard get settled into his dorm. Duane and I are now officially "empty-nesters"....more on that maybe tomorrow.

When I got back home Friday night, we flew down to the boat to spend the weekend. Granny and Cordy were visiting Sharon and Buddy in Greenville - so they decided to come down and see us at Oriental (it's only and hour or so away from Greenville.)

Here Granny and Cordy are at the clubhouse at the marina. It was a very pretty, fairly cool late summer day.




As many of you know, Granny is particularly nervous around bodies of water. I was expecting her to only "look" at the boat from the dock....imagine my surprise when she decided she could trust us (and the boat) to come a'board!




The boat was very still in it's berth at the marina, so we had a nice visit down in the (air-conditioned) cabin.


I was even more surprised when she agreed to go out for a short sail!! We made sure they were all safely harnessed with life-preservers.





And don't worry, Granny didn't suddenly become very "well-endowed"....her life jacket had really puffy pads in the front!!


And, by the way, Buddy is somewhere on the boat - he kept hiding from the camera!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sure looks like a beautiful day for a sail. Looks like Granny enjoyed it. E

affectioknit2 said...

What Fun!