Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pacu Fish - Want them???

I know I've posted a bit much about the fish....they really are cool and getting HUGE!!

Sadly, I'm going to have to get rid of some of the fish. The tank is just 40 gallons and Richard put too many fish in it. I've decided that the two Pacu fish (in the pirana family with visible teeth) must go. (Duane said they are "eating size")...just kidding, of course!! They haven't eaten any of the other fish (yet).





This fish measures about 6" long - get a ruler out - that's a pretty big fish to have in an aquarium. AND there's two of them - plus 5 other fish. They can grow to 24" long, so they've got to go!! I've put an adoption notice out on Craigs List, so maybe someone will come along.

I'd really love to keep them - they are neat to watch swim FAST back and forth across the tank. But, that's part of the problem - they need a longer tank to be able to swim and dart around. Want to come to Pittsboro and adopt some fish????

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I don't think they would do any better in my (Eddie II's) 10 gal tank with two beta fish in it.

affectioknit2 said...

Don't let the Man-Cub see them - he'll be moving his bed out to make room for them...

Love,

T