Wednesday, October 22, 2008

End of garden herbs and veggies

Everyone seems to have a bunch of veggies out of the garden before the first frost....so here's mine: (from neighbor Dick and Lindy's garden, of course...)


Herbs - basil and rosemary. I'll wrap these up and use them fresh in the next day or two.



Cilantro - one of my favorites now - I'll use some fresh - but most of it I'll freeze. I stuck this cookie sheet full in the freezer for about an hour.

Kindof hard to see, but it's completely frozen now.


I just tear it apart and stuff it, still frozen into baggies. Then back into the freezer immediately. This keeps the leaves separated - when I want some I just grab a bag and break off whatever I want. Fresh Mexican dishes for the next few weeks without having to buy a fresh bunch at the grocery.


Next is some greens - this is spinach - I wrapped this bowl up in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge - this will be a dinner salad tonight.

My new favorite - arugula - I stir fried this for lunch (with some garlic and cilantro...yum).



And finally, some more eggplant. I'm glad this stuff is not high calorie, 'cause I'm eating a bunch of it!!




I just chopped it up and roasted it in the oven. These will be put in baggies to freeze for later use. That's all for now and probably my last "garden" post for a while!!


1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

That sure looks yummy - I need to plant some herbs next year...

Love,

T