Thursday, October 02, 2008

Mushroom Walk

I had noticed a few mushrooms last weekend, so I went for a walk today with my camera. I was amazed at the variety of mushrooms on a very short walk - maybe 10 minutes, just around in the woods around the house....

Some quite pretty. Very few alike - which is weird - where did they all come from???








This one is my favorite!!! I love these things.....

Fun with 'shrooms!!!

And I ran across a good find! Back 10 yrs or so ago, I had bought 2 dog-food bowls - you know, the stainless steel ones. Eventually, one of them disappeared. That made no sense, but I had just forgotten about it for several years. I ran across the mystery bowl, out in the woods beside the house. Cleaned it up and it's good as new! (only one puppy, though......)

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

You need to grow some 'shrooms - it was fun - but our second crop never did take off. Funny about the bowl - I wonder who drug it off...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty and interesting mushrooms. Wonder if you could eat any of them. E