Friday, November 21, 2008

Stir Fry and Beer Tower

Not much going on here on a blustery, cold Friday! Got my flu shot at my doctors office because Duane keeps bugging me to do it. They come to IBM and give them en mass, so it's easy for him to get his. OW, my arm is sore!!

After that bit of unpleasantness, I went grocery shopping. On the "out of date" rack in the produce section, they had a couple of trays of green pea pods. Not snow peas, but nice and flat and, strangely enough, quite fresh looking. For the huge price of 94 cents! I was in the mood for some stir-fry - so that was a welcome sight.

Here's the result - just started with some seasame oil, sliced onions, frozen broccoli, a can of bean sprouts, a can of sliced water chestnuts, a bit of sugar and a bunch of soy sauce. Yum. No wonder the doctor told me my cholesterol was 166 (the "good" one is 70, so I think I'm OK there also!)



Speaking of less healthy habits - I ran across this on a sailing website I follow. The couple is sailing around the world - currently they're in Malaysia, I think. This was a shot from their website (it didn't say "copyright" so I guess it's OK). Apparently, this is how they were served beer- no waitress to flag down - just pour yourself another cold one - I want one of them!!! (Or better yet, maybe I can convince Duane to sail me to Malaysia, hehehe!!!)

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

The stir fry looks YUMMY! and the beer tower cooler thingy looks like a great idea too - YEP sail to Malaysia and get you one!!!

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I guess that's the ultimate "pitcher of beer". The stir fry does look tasty. E