Sunday, January 25, 2009

Regional Poker Tournament

We play "free" poker at our local pub on most Tuesday and Wednesday nights. This league sends the top finishers to a regional tournament 3 times a year. This season, Duane and I both qualified to move on to the regional. It was held yesterday in Jacksonville, NC.

I think there were 176 entrants - at a large, smokey bar just outside the gates of Camp Lejeune. (I suspect this place really hops on Friday and Saturday nights!!) But, it was mostly a middle-aged, quiet poker crowd.....


Here I am at my final table - I ended up about 30th place - not bad, but not enough to get the trip to Vegas (the grand prize)! (I don't know what the guy beside me was doing - sleeping??) Fun time.


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You didn't tell us how Duane did. Hope you all had fun. E

Karen said...

hey, he didn't do as well - he was maybe 60th place. one of our friends (we rode with them to jacksonville) was 22nd place . we all have played together for several years now, so it's alot of fun to get to go to these tournaments with people you know!

affectioknit said...

That looks like some serious poker - I've not got any 'poker face' at all - if I've got a good hand everyone else folds - I guess they know by my expression...

~ Denise ~ said...

Ha...I love it! Poker chick among all those guys. What a great time....maybe Vegas next year, eh? ;)

Karen said...

yeah!! it's kindof nice to play against guys - they sometimes don't know how to "read" girls!