Friday, February 13, 2009

More about Asian "Fruits" Cake

I opened one of the little cake packages for my breakfast. I chose the one labeled "Lichi Fruit".


I remembered that fruit from my trip to China in 2007. I went back and found one of my (hundreds of...) market photos. The Lichi fruit can be seen in the top left side of this photo:



It was quite nice - definitely no resemblance to our fruitcake. Just like a rich shortbread crust filled with firm/not-so-sweet preserves. Not exactly something I'd want much of.....but neat to experience other culture that way.

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

what fun! Was it vegan?

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for showing us the 'fruit cake'. I guess it reminds you of your trip East. E

Karen said...

uuuuhhh - since i can't read chinese characters, i can't tell if it's vegan!!

yes, looking at the photos to find the market one was a lot of fun. love, k