Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OK Marianne, here's a post for you!

My friend Marianne is complaining that I didn't post anything yesterday....well, nothing much was happening yesterday! About the most interesting thing that I did yesterday was clean out the fish tank! So here's the best photo I could manage of my fishies. (Remember, these were Richard's fish from a year or so ago...but I've been nursing them for a long time, so I consider them my fish for now.....)



They are pretty "skittish" so I had to take the photo from the other side of the room. I'm not sure how big the tank is, but I believe it's 40 gallons.

Because the bigger orange/white fish is an Oscarfish - I have to drain about 10 gallons of water every couple of days and add fresh water/salt back to the tank to keep them healthy. They are fresh water fish, but a small amount of salt keeps their gills healthy.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Hey K - I posted a comment earlier - I don't know where it went...

I said - that fish are a lot of trouble and they are not nearly as cuddly as a puppy...

Love,

T

Just Marianne said...

Now I feel special! All is well with the world, now that I can read a "Karen post" after dinner!