Saturday, February 21, 2009

Two more appetizers - wieners and salmon

I'm still a little hard-up for anything terribly interesting to post! So, there's always fun food!!

Here's a couple of appetizers I made for our Friday night "gathering" - both really easy.

First is a really simple bacon-wrapped cocktail wiener. Here are the ingredients:





You cut the bacon in thirds (the recipe said half, but I thought that made the bacon too bulky.) Wrap a piece around a wiennie and stick a toothpick thru.

Almost done!



Do this to the whole package - then sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour. Sprinkle more brown sugar on top about half-way thru. I forgot to snap a photo as they came out of the oven. (All gone now!!) But, you get the idea - the bacon bakes crispy - just remove from the pan and serve. Might work on a broiling pan also to drain the grease, but I haven't tried that yet. The guys loved these!



Next up is something I thought up on my own. I had a can of my trusty biscuits - what to do, what to do??


I sauteed the onion in the butter, cleaned all the "yuckies" from the canned salmon:


Combined the sauteed onions, the softened cream cheese. Decided that wasn't "jazzy" enough, so I added good ole' Texas Pete hot sauce and some worcestershire sauce. Then added some cayanne pepper too!


Did my trick of separating the layers of the biscuits, making 30 "mini-cups" out of the 10 buscuits. Spooned the salmon mixture into each cup - baked at 375 degrees until the edges were brown and the filling was melted.



Ready to serve!! These were quite good also...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those both look delicious! Quite a Friday ritual of 'snack making'. E

affectioknit said...

Ummm - YUCK!

Love,

T

Karen said...

now, now, everyone can't be like you, t!!! love, k