Monday, March 30, 2009

Book sale!!

Friday was the bi-annual book sale! It runs Thursday thru Saturday - I always go on Friday because it's 1/2 price day. Still plenty of books. Good cause - they are trying to raise money for a new library in Pittsboro. Our current library is very quaint, but just too small for such a well-read community!


Of course, it was rainy, so they had to put up all the tarps again on the porch. The Kiwanis Club is nice enough to donate the use of their entire building for this sale each time. An amazing quantity of books!



Here's my "boat-bag" full of my stash....the paperbacks were 5/$1.00....so I just picked a bunch of books-by-there-cover. Some of those probably won't get read - they be donated back to the library. I just didn't have time to be too picky at that price! Total for the bag $6.50 - (was $9.50 minus the $3.00 coupon you get for being a "Friend of the Library"!!)


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know how you like to read. This should keep you busy for a while. Good cause. E

affectioknit said...

That's a lot of books - save the good ones for me...

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

Hey...I'm a friend and didn't get a coupon! What's up with that? Had I used the coupon, my purchase would've been free! Ha! Next time! Too funny to run into you there! Never met before then seeing one another twice in a week - gotta' love Karma!!