Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Pound Cake!

OK, so I finally found a pound cake recipe that I'm happy with! I have made many over the years, never quite finding the exact texture or flavor I was looking for. I think I've stumbled upon it.

Here is the link: Cream Cheese Pound Cake Read some of the comments left by others for some ideas.

I mostly followed the recipe except the following:

  • I added several teaspoons of Lemon flavoring
  • I started with a cold oven (but didn't peek at all!!)
  • I separated my eggs - whipped stiff the egg whites with clean beaters, and just folded them into the batter
  • I gently folded in the flour (by hand, not with the mixer)
  • I baked it 1 hr 15 minutes in two loaf pans (bundt pans don't cook well for me with such a heavy batter)


Turned out really lovely.



The boys gave it a definite thumbs up! Light, delicate and buttery - all with no leavening agent!


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yours are pretty - I'm still looking for a good vegan Pound Cake - a lot of them use tofu and I don't like tofu in a cake...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Nice cakes. I have always make a very good pound cake, but lately I have eaten 2 which are better, one from Patty and one from Mom's friend, Margaret Bryant, which also has a strong lemon flavor. E

~ Denise ~ said...

Wow...that sounds yummy! I think I'll go make some. Thanks for the recipe! ;)