Thursday, April 23, 2009

Very quick trip home

So, I called Mom this morning - and she said that my brother-in-law (from N. Dakota) was coming over for a little get-together this evening.....by about 2pm this afternoon I decided that, if I jumped in the car, I could make it in time (I was already at Asheboro - so it would only be 3 1/2 hr drive....don't get me started about the 25 knot winds or 40 knot headwinds to fly up instead...)


So, at 3PM, I headed west!!! A very nice drive, as interstate drives go....always love those first sightings of the moutains!


Mom kept it a secret that I was coming - everyone was surprised!


Denise and Keith roasted chicken and laid out a nice spread for us! Mom, Frank, Trudi, Keith, Denise and Rafe (guest of honor) were all in attendance.



Much chatting and story-telling around the table...


Here we are - the guest of honor and me! Too bad it can't be a longer visit - but life goes on!


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

That was so nice of you - I'm sure it made his day - it looks like a lot of fun!!! I can't believe how green everything is down there...

Love,

T

Just Marianne said...

I enjoyed chatting with you last night but after I went to bed, I got a little worried. It seemed like a quick trip and I was worrying that something was wrong. Glad it was a social visit!

Karen said...

Hey Marianne - yeah, all's well! It really was too quick!