Thursday, June 11, 2009

Airport improvements

Boo-hoo - I'm still whining about being back from vacation! Oh well, back to the real world - it's not so bad, after all!

While we were gone, a construction project started at the Siler City Airport that we had been waiting on for years. We had an overcrowding problem - too many airplanes tied down on the ramp - a couple of years ago, we had to install some tiedown rings in the grassy area adjacent to the ramp. This is not ideal - it's difficult to move the planes when it's particularly wet. Plus we have to mow the grass around the planes - not really a good idea!

Since they started while we were gone, I had to dig back and get a "before" shot out of my archived photos. This was the best I could come up with - you can see the airplanes tied in the grass in the foreground.


The construction is underway now - it's actually a bigger project than I thought it would be....


They have dug out about 2 feet of dirt and replaced it with packed gravel. I'm looking forward to the 11 more tiedown spaces!! (Sorry for the dreary photos - but it's dreary today!!)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is a great improvement, always better to be on pavement. E

affectioknit said...

That's neat - I can almost see your rose compass too...

Love,

T