Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I don't think these light bulbs live up to the hype!

I've seen all the hype about the new compact florescent bulbs being so environmentally sound...
they're supposed to take so much less energy and last so long.....

So, I invested....for months, every light bulb that would blow got replaced with a florescent bulb. I got used to the strange tones and the little bit of a slow "warm up" period before they are fully bright.

And now, just a few months later - I'm REPLACING FLORESCENT BULBS!!!



They're ceasing to light (they don't really "blow")....at an alarming rate. I am not happy! These were costly items - the truth-in-advertising leaves alot to be desired here....

And, I bought these things at different times - different brands and wattage bulbs - so it's not just one manufacturer. I checked the cupboard where I keep them - Sylvania, Phillips and GE are all the brands - I expected better....

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Wow - I didn't know that - we invested in and replaced the bulbs at the church (no small undertaking - it cost nearly $500) - so far none have stopped working - I hope they do better - you know we have much lower humidity here - maybe that helps - I think the ones in the Narthex are over a year old - but we were hoping they'd last 5 - 7 years...

love,

T