Monday, August 10, 2009

Mountain trip continued

I had a wonderful visit home! Back home now in the 100 degree heat. It was marvelously cool in Mills River!

On Friday, Mom had arranged a day out with Grandma Hall. Here are the girls all crammed into the porch swing....scary!!!




On to downtown Asheville - pretty, it is! I'm glad Mom was driving - I would have been lost on those twisty streets.


We apparently have a new tradition - when the North Dakota crew comes home for their annual visit, we go to the Laughing Seed Cafe. It's a vegan/vegetarian restaurant that Teresa loves.

It fits in perfectly with my diet also! Here is my plate - the red stuff is a slaw made of beets. Very good!


Here's the gang!


Mom had picked some pretty flowers from her yard to take to Grandma...so colorful!

The next morning I get a text message from Denise - at 7:37AM! It read - "Coffee is on, Hot tub is open. Denise"

So, I pulled on my swimsuit and had coffee in the hot tub with Denise!


Denise looking thru the pretty hibiscus that she had given Grandma. Pretty flower - I have some of the same plant at my house (also from Denise).



Almost forgot about this. We knew that everyone was going to be busy on Friday night - so Denise and I ordered some vegetarian "sushi" rolls to-go at the Laughing Seed. Then we made some side dishes to have a nice little Chinese meal.

It was quite yummy - so were the "Pear-tini's".....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun. Glad I was there. MOM

affectioknit said...

That all was sure fun!!! The sushi looks yummy!!!