Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Medicine cabinet memories

After the bathroom "makeover", I was left with a pile of "stuff" that was removed early in the process from the cabinets. I had tossed it all in the corner of the office that we used as a "staging" area for the tools and supplies. I finally got around to cleaning it all out...most of it went to the garbage. I was a little nostalgic when I got down to the bin of items that I had removed from the medicine cabinet. Weird, I know....

That bathroom was used by the kids - and the medicine cabinet only had "kids" stuff in it. As they got older, I never cleaned it out. And, as healthy young men, they never really added anything new because they rarely used any medicine.

Ah - chewable Tylenol....it's been ten years since these were used....


Remember the items you were supposed to have on hand in case of emergency? This Ipecac Syrup must have been on the list from when the kids were born...


And it must have been out of date even then!! Note the Exp 11/88 on the label....Robert was born in 1989....

Needless to say, those have been tossed in the trash.

But, I think I'll keep this dusty tin. The Mickey and Minnie bandaids are long gone, but inside are some perfectly usable rainbow bandaids. I think I'll use them for my next boo-boo and reminisce a little about my kiddo's childhood medicine cabinet!

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Awww! Definitely keep the little tin - so cute!!!

Love,

T

Miranda said...

Oh! I filled the can tin with new rainbow bandages - they're yours to use but they are from the past few months... Richard's constant bleeding leaves me kind of scared so I make him wear those sometimes!

And I did use those children's chewable pain relievers once last year... Now I kind of understand why they weren't particularly effective!

Karen said...

Hi Miranda!! How cute - I didn't think I remembered putting the rainbow bandages in there!! I think I'll put some regular tylenol in there for you!! Love, K