Friday, October 09, 2009

Fishy, Fishy, Fishy

My poor Oscar, the 2 year old oscar-fish (one of the original fish that Richard and Miranda stocked the tank with...) committed fish-suicide the other day. That means, he jumped out of the tank and was on the floor. Boo, hoo. I had been treating him for an unknown illness - I think the medication must have bothered him because he actually had to lift the cover of the tank to jump out.



So, I had the local pet store in Asheboro order me some new ones - pretty stripes on these! No too easy to see because they are still in the plastic bag getting acclimated to the bigger tank temp. I hope they do OK with the large chileads that are in the tank already! So far, so good!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Awww, I'll bet they'll be beautiful! I hope they stand up to the cichlids and don't let them bite them!

Elizabeth said...

Pretty fish. Fasten that lid down. MOM

Joyce Mineer said...

I'm sorry, but I kinda' giggled at this one...good thing Oscar wasn't green or of the plant variety (oh, did I say that out loud!)

Karen said...

hahaha joyce - that's cute. i just ate a big bowl of collards!!! yep, he wasn't green or plant based (although a purist might argue that!!) thanks for the slightly deranged laugh! k

Karen said...

and mom - yep, done! (the fastening thing, that is...)