Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip Home

After much waiting for a early morning fog to clear at our house, we flew up to Asheville for Thanksgiving dinner at Eddie and Trudi's house. Richard would not cooperate with me getting a good photo in the plane.....this is the best one.....


Although we were late for dinner, there was plenty left - I was roaming with the camera. Mom and Frank chatting with Robert.


Robert wishing I'd leave him alone....


I think this shot on the left was the only snippet of Duane I got on film!! He's good at avoiding me with my camera....


Miranda and Frank chatting.

Eddie and Trudi on cleanup patrol. As usual, I got Trudi with her eyes closed. She's got this massively good reflex when it comes to protecting her eyes from a flash because about 75% of the photos I have of her are of her eyes closed!


The weather wasn't too great, so we hurried back home...taking off from Asheville airport.


We flew through quite a bit of snow - I tried to capture the snowflakes zooming by - but my camera just isn't that good. At one point we started accumulating a bit of ice on the plane and had to ask the controller to let us descend to a warmer altitude.


The trip home was a bit sleepy after that nice dinner.....


Almost dark, we landed at Siler City because our home runway is fairly wet. A nice visit!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

FUN! you should have done like you did with the Scouts and snapped a picture on the sly...

...just wishing I was there...

Love,

T