Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Turnips and Brunswick Stew

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is always our sweet neighbor's day to treat all their friends to a "Brunswick Stew Bash". It was beautiful weather and quite a crowd.

Here's Jackie stirring the cauldron!




I forgot to put a photo up of the turnips Cordy gave me down at Sharon's house this weekend. Here is a sample....several were HUGE - and very good still. I put the spoon there so you could see how big. They brought me a whole bag - nothing like turnips boiled in salt water with a little pepper on a cool fall day!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I do love me some turnips - Cordy's sort of put mine to shame - I got lots of greens though...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I've never seen such big turnip. I always forget to plant them at the right time for the cool weather they like. Glad you had a good day. MOM