Monday, March 29, 2010

Balloon night

Dick and Lindy invited us up to the "Meet the Kiwanis" night at their house. They did some tethered balloon rides for the members. It was almost dark by the time the wind died down enough to do the flights.

Getting the balloon set up..


First he blows it up with cool air from a large fan. Then he starts heating the air to lift the balloon.


I think they all had a good time. It got dark too quick for me to volunteer to go up. I've said I wouldn't like to go up for a "real" flight - but I think I wouldn't mind the tethered one....maybe next time.


4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Hey - your pictures aren't showing up...

Love,

T

Karen said...

yeah, blogger says they've got a "known problem" i'll reload and see if they show up...

affectioknit said...

Hey again - they're working now - I love balloons...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I might go up in a tethered balloon, but not one floating loose. Hope they had fun. MOM