Friday, March 19, 2010

Care package bound for Afghanistan!

I know other family members have already sent our "Little Eddie" care packages....I just thought I'd document mine...

I made Mom's "No-Bake Cookies" - wrapped each one in wax paper, then sealed them in ziploc's...



Next was the ginger/molasses cookies - I figured they both would "travel" well.



I also picked up a few packages of Haiwaiin Punch water additives. My friend Bobbi's son had been over a few years ago and she said that the guys asked for those to put in their bottles of water - so I thought Eddie might like that also.

All went into the $10.70 medium sized US Post Service flat rate box.


Along with a short note from Aunt Karen - and some packing material to try to keep the cookies whole.


Addressed and ready for the Post Office!!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Looks Yummy! I think I need some no bakes now...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I know he will love those. I have sent him Chocolate/Butterscotch type cookies and the Ritz Cracker covered in Almond bark and cans of nuts. He does use the water additives because he had a bag that came back from KY with us that he didn't have room to take (along with a trunk full of stuff we will be shipping). It takes about 2 weeks for mail to get there but he has received mail and packages.