Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Kiss me I'm Irish! Well, maybe part Irish....

I watched the NC State Marching Band for about 15 seconds on the Ireland News - these are a couple of photos I snapped of the computer screen. (Hope that doesn't break some copyright laws...)

Looks like the parade was a big success. Fun to hear the announcers speak with an accent and sometimes speak in a language that I assume was Gaelic - they all just bounced back-and-forth between the two languages.




Here's our great big band - the video didn't catch them while they were playing, but I'm sure they were big and LOUD! Glad they got this great once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!



Look at this link to Youtube.com - at about the 1.5 minute mark - they show the band!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great, we watched it too but our reception was grainy and jerky but we did see them and the rest of the parade was good, too. MOM

affectioknit said...

That was awesome - Eaven and I sat and watched it over and over trying to pick out which trumpeter was Robert...

Let me know if you spot him...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey! i couldn't pick him out either. he had told me that he was supposed to be on the far left side as they are marching....so - i think he's not visible from the camera-man's vantage point.....

cool, though!

love, k