Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tire and walkabout

Update on Richard's holey tire - here's the new one. It was delivered to the airport while he was working on the rescue squad. I laid the seats down and hauled it home - it barely fit in my little car!!



This morning, it was so pretty and sunny - I did a little walk-about in the springtime yard.

Pretty iris's - the beginning of my saga of the different colored iris blooms.

Always first, the purples. Multi-color - I think these are my favs:




Solid light purple:




The yellows and the whites are just budding now - here's a white one all dewy:



And I finally bought some rose food/pesticide/fungicide mixture this year. All the rose bushes are lovely and full of buds. Can't wait!!


5 comments:

affectioknit said...

Lovely Tire! The Irises remind me of Mom's...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Mine are just full budded now. Will post pic when bloomed. We are due much rain this weekend so flowers should love it. We are also expecting a visit ( to Asheville ) of President Obama and his family to the Grove Park Inn. Flight restrictions, of course. MOM

Karen said...

hey girls! t- these ARE mostly Mom's iris's!! (at least the parents were....) they were first at new hill - we dug them up and they survived an entire winter in the woods in a wheel barrow. luckily, the wheel barrow was rotten and had holes in the bottom for drainage. i've moved them around the property here ever since.

and yes, i saw the TFR for AVL for the presidential visit. a pain for fly-ers there, i'm sure. hope he has fun at the grove park and returns rested and ready to fix our country!!

love, k

Miranda said...

Irises are probably my favorite flower, especially the light purple ones! We have a few of those growing in our front yard and I always love the way they smell!

Karen said...

hey miranda! i guess you've seen that more colors have bloomed now....i'll put up photos tomorrow if i remember. love, k