Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Grilled Okra

Lindy always seems to have extra okra this time of year, so I "help her" by taking some of it off her hands!

She told me to try to grill it - very easy and really good!

Just plopped handfulls on the grill.



Flipped them a few times over 15 minutes. Tested a few (in other words, ate them) to see when they were done....sprinkled some salty water over them (the salt wouldn't stick to them dry). Wow, much easier than cutting up & frying - and the flavor was wonderfully fresh!




And had a nice "green" dinner!

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Wow! That looks delicious - not sure if Scout would eat the okra that way - he love 'popcorn okra' - which is fried and eaten like popcorn...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I have grilled okra and it is delicious. Your green dinner looks interesting. MOM

Joyce Mineer said...

I have eaten my weight in Okra this month alone! My new way of fixing it...cut it in the wheels, spread them on a pam-sprayed baking sheet, add salt, pepper and sesame seeds and bake in the oven. YUMMO!!! But I have to know, does Okra make your hands itch??!! I've had to start wearing latex gloves just to wash and cut the little suckers! What's up with that? Got so bad a few times ago I had to pop a Benadryl to stop the itching and burning in my fingers! How strange is that?? Anyway, good stuff!!!

Just Marianne said...

That looks really good! I'll ahve to try it one I catch my breath!