Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I embellished the kids' stockings with their names when we lived in Boca Raton, so they would have been 1 and 2 years old. Every year since, I've stuffed them with the usual trinkets and candy. I guess I'll continue to do so until someone brings in a tiny one to take their place!

This year, I found the sparkly puff-paint and added a stocking for my "daughter" Miranda!



First we had a nice, big meal. I decided to set up an extra "extension-table" so the table wouldn't be so crowded with dishes. That worked out well.


The turkey turned out well - I usually smoke the turkey, but this year my smoker finally gave up the ghost.



Then on to the usual gift-opening. A good time was had by all, I think!


Although I don't think Richard was too thrilled by the "squeaky toy" we gave to Axle!


The kids gave me a great gift - a Kindle reader! I love it! They loaded my next book-club book on it. There are lots of classics out there that you can download for free. I happen to be reading one - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - so I easily downloaded it and picked up reading where I was in the "real book". Really nice - and I can enlarge the print to help with my little bit of "old age".....


And Miranda made good on her "threat" of making me an honorary "UNC Mom". I look good in blue, don't cha think??? Robert did not.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I love it! I think you look awesome & I'm so glad you put it on! =)

Carolina blue looks good on everyone, I promise!

affectioknit said...

Merry Christmas! I love the Kindle and you definitely look good in Carolina Blue!

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

The only other shade of blue I like better than Carolina...???
KENTUCKY!!!!!! GO CATS!!!!! You are one loving mother aren't you???
What a sport!