Monday, February 14, 2011

Warning - High Calorie Dessert Called "Dirt"

My Friday night card game buddies are happy with the "Dirt" that I've been throwing together lately - thought I'd document it for your enjoyment. I've made several variations based on whatever I've had in the pantry....sometimes chocolate pudding, sometimes brownies instead of yellow cake....

Click on the photo to enlarge it for the general recipe.




Just layer the cake cubes, pudding, cool whip/cream cheese...



Sprinkle the "dirt" and repeat until the ingredients are gone!



Simple and yummy - and it freezes perfectly!! So you can keep a batch in the freezer to pull out when you need to take a dish and don't have the time.


4 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM - that looks fun and pretty easily veganized...

Love,

T

affectioknit said...

YUM - that looks fun and pretty easily veganized...

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

I noticed your recipe calls for the center of the oreos to be removed (you know where I'm going with this...).

It wouldn't stop me from eating your concoction but I'm dying to know who got the pleasure of licking out the creamy center!

And for the record, if you need a volunteer for this "somebody has to do it" job, I'm volunteering!

Karen said...

oh joyce.....i will just call your skinny butt when i need help with this "chore"....silly girl

love, k