Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day continued

So, we got back from Asheville mid-afternoon on Mother's day....just in time for some relaxing yardwork. I was leisurely using the leaf blower to clean the grass clippings from the carport. I went to the hangar to store the blower....and almost jumped out of my skin when I almost stepped on this beauty! Duane often has old hoses laying around on the hangar floor when he's doing maintenance, so my eyes didn't even register that this was a snake until I was almost stepping on him!! He's harmless - so I let him find his own way out (or maybe not!!)


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

YIKES! The little garter snakes (that's all we have up here) scare me when I see them too...we have to be a little more careful when we head west of the Missouri as they have big ol' rattlers out there...

Love,

T