Thursday, July 28, 2011

Closet Catastrophe

I heard a big, muffled "bang" in the spare bedroom (where I keep my clothes).

Obviously, I had too much weight hanging on the cantilevered shelf. It collapsed and all the clothes fell off. Like, hundreds of pounds of clothes!

Here is the closet with the shelf just propped back in place (the supports were bent)....


I had asked dear hubby to fix it - so in true McCraw style, it had to be "improved".

First, he built a little stud-wall around the old triple-walled chimney pipe.


Sheetrock installed to safely hide the old (currently unused) pipe. Extra shelving installed and the original shelf modified with much better support!


Taaa-Daaa! A still messy, but better organized closet!

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Another awesome home improvement project!

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

A job well-done, hubby!

Just Marianne said...

Looks pretty neat to me! Good job Duane!