Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weekend in West Virginia

So, we're just back from the Bahamas and it's time to run up to West Virginia to my nephew's confirmation. Lovely flight over some beautiful terrain.

This was our first visit to my sis's new hometown.  Both sets of Grandparents were in attendance also!
Here are all the pretty ladies!



Mom and Frank outside Teresa and Rafe's house.



The hilly drive up to their new church.



We got a little "mini-tour" on Saturday when Rafe stopped by to do some last minute prep for Sunday's service.  Lovely church inside and out.



Then it was off to dinner at a family favorite restaurant.  I had a wonderful eggplant concoction!



The town of Charleston is much prettier than I expected....I don't really know why I expected otherwise.  I guess I thought it would be a dirty coal-town.   It's actually a neat, clean modern small city.




Off to the church Sunday - here is my nephew entering the church for the ceremony.



A very nice service for the young folk.




And afterwards, we had cake!!  Yum - the congregation appears to get together after the service every Sunday - and this Sunday was even more special than normal.   We were warmly welcomed by many of the members of the church.



But, it was time to scoot on home - saw the capital building on the way back to the airport.



The airport was also bigger and nicer than I was expecting... also a pleasant surprise.








It was a lovely flight home until we got close to home where we ran into a bit of rain.   


The first of many trips, I expect!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I definitely expect so...and I'm hoping you'll come anytime you can...Thanks for all the lovely pics...

Love,

T