Friday, September 28, 2012

Tupperware Rocks!!

I guess we all have some of "Mom's Tupperware"....my mom can probably chime in and tell us all what vintage this bowl is - maybe even whose party it came from many, many, many eons ago. Anyhooo, I ended up with it (also many years ago). I recall having this bowl at New Hill, so I took possession at least 25 years ago. A little of the "lip" had separated a few years ago, but it was still quite usable. It's just the perfect size for lots of things, so it got plenty of use. But, all good things must come to an end....
We all know that Tupperware has a lifetime warranty - I just called up the 1-800 number I found on Google. After about 3 minutes on the phone, all I had to do was give them a mold number from the bottom of the bowl, my name and address, and $5 for shipping. I thought that was fair for replacing my beloved bowl with absolutely no proof that I even owned the bowl! And here it is - pretty yellow bowl and new-style lid. Perfect!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

I agree...how awesome is that!...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

You give my memory more credit than it deserves. I went to a lot of parties and later just ordered from salespeople, they even had a kiosk in mall for a while.
That is the oldest style bowl, came in a set.
I, of course, still have dozens of Tupperware bowls and servers.
I was planning to bring you one of my yellow bowls before I read to the bottom. Hurray for Tupperware!

Love, MOM