Monday, October 01, 2012

Ooopsie!

Well, this is the World of Karen....and that World is a little black and blue!

Really poor timing for me to have an Ooopsie with the wedding fast approaching!

I will tell you that a few ever-so-slightly-graphic photos will follow.

 It all started a few months ago as we were cleaning up the hangar. Lots of scrap metal abounded in the perimeter of the hangar. So, those pieces were slowly piled onto our little trailer. Old transmissions, car parts, an old riding lawnmower, two old push mowers, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and a few old 10' long pipes. Yep, they have to be propped up with 2' sticking behind the pickup bed. Remember this fact for later in the story.

Duane had all the metal secured to the trailer and the pickup bed. On Friday, I drove over to the metal recycling center on my way to work....thinking that I'd make a quick in-and-out at the recycle center and be to work by 9am.....

I pulled into the recycle center, got out of the truck to go to the office and check in...unfortunately for me, I walked headfirst into the aforementioned pipe - with my cheek. Needless to say, it was an ugly ending. The recycle guys were helpful - giving me paper towels to try to stop the bleeding. They rushed my metal thru the process - and offered to take me to the hospital. But, I made it fine on my own - the hospital is only 3-4 miles away.  All is put back together now - just 3 stitches - I'll show you the photos over the past few days -

At the hospital  right after the stitches - jaw is swollen and talking was difficult.



Late that same  evening -  the shiny stuff is just neosporin.


A day later - I'm thinking it's looking pretty darn good now....


This is just a few minutes ago - now I'm thinking it's looking pretty yucky!  The stitches are supposed to come out probably Wednesday - I'm thinking that some makeup is in my future for the wedding!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like the cut is healing nicely but I forgot that there might still be swelling and discoloration. It might take a little makeup but that is still 5 days away. MOM

affectioknit said...

Oh my goodness! You poor thing...it definitely looked better yesterday...I hope it's not too painful...and I'm sure a little makeup will cover it...

...sort of puts me in mind of a little red headed sister of mine who sucked on a tupperware cup the Saturday before Easter Sunday...HA!

Love,

T