Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Berfday and Tie-dye Tshirts

Since I've given my sis her birthday gifts, I can now post about tie-dying.  Once again, for our sailing trip, we made tie-dye tee shirts for the "crew". 

A few years ago,  I made one extra for my sis - and she told me recently that she had worn it so much it was a bit tattered. 

So, I had to make her a new one, of course!  I didn't want to post about it until I gave her the shirt!

Same process -here are a few of the shirts...coiled up with dye:


And the corresponding shirt - 24hrs later.


Duane's Shirt:



Carolyn's shirt, I believe:



And Cecil's:




Next we needed to apply the emblem.  The last time, we ordered the shirts silk-screened.  This year, we decided to try an iron-on transfer.  It worked fine, but I think for all the trouble, I'll just custom order screen printed white tee shirts next time!

The ink-jet printed emblem that we collectively made - even had to get some help from Duane's sis Carolyn!



Ironed-on per the instructions -


Rinsed a few times and they're ready to wear!


You've seen some of these photos from the trip - but just a few shots of folks wearing their shirts!



Lindy and Sharon made their shirts themselves - I made Cecil and Carolyn's since they were traveling before the trip.


And believe it or not, this is the best photo I have on my sweet sis in her shirt!  It fits her perfect!


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

LOVELOVELOVE it!

Elizabeth said...

I love mine. I'll post a pic when my computer is fixed. MOM

Chris said...

Looking good


T Shirts for Men | Attitude | Mens T Shirts | Attitude.com