Sunday, September 08, 2013

End of Your Life Book Club reading list

While on our recent sailboat trip, I read several books....one of them was The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe.  If you haven't  heard of it, it's a story about a man whose mother is dying of pancreatic cancer.  They form a "book club of two" and the story progresses to the expected ending.  I know, it sounds sad - and of course, it is.  But it's also wonderful to read about their interaction and the books they read and discussed.  She lived for a couple of years after her diagnosis and they were avid readers!




From the very start of the book, I could tell that a lot of the books either interested me or I had already read them....So, I got this idea that I might take notes and make their reading list into a reading list of my own.

So, for the better part of a couple of days, I read the book and took meticulous notes on my little note pad (in the little green metal case). 


So, I finished the book - and imagine my surprise (and irritation!!) that someone had already had the same idea....they included exactly the same list as I had gone to so much trouble to write out.  Now, if I read books like my sis, I would have known this since she always reads the last chapter first!!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Very funny...and speaking of books...our book club read this month was Brilliance by Sakey...I think you'd like it...about gifted people in the not very distant future...sort of sci-fi...and suspenseful...

This one sounds good too!

Love,

T