Friday, December 06, 2013

Easy home sprouting lentil, mung and adzuki

I love, love, love me some sprouts!! I like them mostly tossed in at the end of cooking some stir-fly veggies. It's so easy and fun! I use just a regular 99 cent bag of dried lentils and mung/adzuki beans that I get at Grand Asia or Whole Foods. I've tried soybeans, but they tend to spoil really easily.






First step is an overnite soak in water.  Everything is done in the "dark".....if you leave them uncovered as they're sprouting, they'll start turning green from the sunlight!








Day 3 - clockwise from the left - lentil, mung, adzuki. I just take them out, rinse them two times a day. Leave them moist but not sitting in water.












And this is day 5! The lentil and mung bean sprouts are ready to use. The adzuki takes a bit longer - another 3 days maybe.





And here is my "sprouting chamber"....haha...just a shelf where I can stack them and close the door.  



No comments: