Thursday, January 02, 2014

Replacing our trusty gas cooktop

After almost 20 years of fairly constant use.....my gas cooktop was on it's last legs.  It was a really good one - we've replaced a few parts over the years, but now several of the gas tubes have corroded thru and two of the igniters don't work anymore.  The replacement parts would cost more than a new cooktop.  So, we did what all good Americans do!   Called Lowe's and ordered a new one!  Note the jumble of pots/pans in the cabinet below.  My trusty mechanic (AKA Duane) fixed that for me too!




All done now.  Most of the day was spent on the retrofit.  It appeared to be a "drop-in replacement", but it proved to be larger than my old one.  So, we had to carefully measure and cut the counter top out to fit.  While the cabinet was opened up, Duane built a nice sturdy shelf for my pots/pans also.  Very nice!



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Awesome new cooker!...and shelf too...

Love,

T