Friday, March 14, 2014

Unsolicited praise for "imustgarden" Deer Repellent

My iris's are sprouting! This is exciting because for the past few years, I have not been able to keep the deer away from them. The deer must love the tender sprouts, because they had been nibbling the iris's down to nubs in the spring.




My buddy, Lonnie - who runs a "mulch, stone, etc. business", turned me on to this stuff - imustgarden brand deer repellent.   No chemicals - mostly egg yolks, garlic and clove oils.   You mix with water and spray on the plants that the deer love.  The oils keep in on the leaves for several rainstorms.  I'm a believer!  I bet this year, I'm going to even have a few azalea blooms!



I've included the back panel so you can read the ingredients yourself if you're interested!  Oh - it's a local product too - made in Chapel Hill!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

...hhhmmmnnn...I wonder if they make a vegan version...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hmmmm...i think the eggs are what the deer mostly don't like! so i suspect not....you'll have to stick to the cayenne pepper version. my only complaint about it is that you really must re-apply after a rain. this seems to stick around better.