Monday, May 26, 2014

Quick Memorial Day trip to the mountains

We flew up to Asheville for a Memorial Day Picnic/Welcome home to Eddie & Brittany celebration at Mom's house.  A lovely day....Robert rode his motorcycle up Sunday night and stayed with Grandma and Frank.



Eddie and Trudi planned it all - but Trudi was very sick with a bug and couldn't come.

BTW, Mom found some TVP that Teresa had left - I made some yummy BBQ for my sandwich!



I wandered around making people pose for photos with me. 


I think you could tell we're kinfolk just by our tongues!


Better photo!


Mom didn't know what I was doing to start with!




Robert is obviously just tolerating his mom's silliness!


Connor is just a sweetie - and reminds me so much of little Eddie!


The pool was too chilly for me...but Eddie was in it later in the day!  64 degrees.  I'll pass until it's 85


Great-Grandma and Connor.


A big thunderstorm hit and everyone ran for cover.  Still a very nice visit!



We had to dodge a big storm on our way home....but otherwise it was uneventful....see the rainbow?


We stopped for fuel at Siler City.....on climb-out to go home, I was struck by how clear the air was just a few hundred miles away! 


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Oh that was a nice visit! Loved all the selfies...

Love,

T