Monday, August 18, 2014

Duane's Retirement Dinner at Fearington House

Looks like the Lenovo purchase of Duane's area at IBM has been approved by the government, so his retirement is coming up in the next month.....so we got to choose where we went for a retirement dinner, courtesy of IBM.

We (....I....) chose the Fearington House between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill.  We've never gone, but heard rave reviews about the true "5 Star" restaurant.

Got dressed up!  I wore the dress I had gotten for Richard's wedding - and the jewelry that Keith and Denise had gotten me for my birthday happened to match it perfectly!



I promised Duane that I wouldn't take my camera in to photo the food (but you would have LOVED to see all the pretty food!)  Here's the entrance with their whimsical whirlly-gigs.



I want to tell you that we had the best meal EVER.   I mean, the best meal that I've ever in my life eaten!  
The service was spectacular and the food was just divine.   It took about 3 hours - it was almost dark when we left. 


They even send you home with a "congratulations" copy of the menu and some assorted goodies.....even the little candies are melt in your mouth delicious!  


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

How very nice!...Congratulations to Duane!...you both look lovely!

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I have heard that is a very special place. Must be if " the best meal in your life ". You both do look spiffy and happy. MOM