Sunday, November 09, 2014

Chilly weather = Chilli (meatless)

I was feeling the chilly weather....and "hankering" for some chilli and cornbread. I remembered that I had picked up a bag of "meatless chilli fixin's" at the Seventh Day Adventist store when I visited with my sis back in the summer. I just didn't remember where I had stashed it! Luckily, it apparently has a long shelf life - it's just TVP (textured vegetable protein) and flavoring. But, I located it at the back of a shelf.




Fried up some onions, celery and fresh jalapeno's ---


I was being lazy...so I used all canned goods - just open and dump in a big pan.  Add the chilli mix and some additional cumin, chilli pepper and garlic.



Oh, and bake a fresh cake of cornbread using some more onions and a can of corn (and a spoonful of sugar!) 

And it was absolutely delish!!  Duane enjoyed it too, so I know it was super good!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

...it sounds super good...

Love,

T