Saturday, February 28, 2015

Vegan Doggie Treats

I found this cute bone-shaped cookie cutter.  I thought I'd make a few doggie treats for some of my doggie-friendly folks!

I chose a vegan recipe to make everyone happy.   This was really easy.  Hope the dogs like them!

Just a few ingredients.  


Mix and roll out just like sugar cookies.  See the little bone shaped cutter?  Cute.



Ready for the oven.  (I love my new oven!)


All done.  I haven't baked much in my new oven yet.  I think it must run a little warm...so maybe 325 degrees would have kept these from browning a bit too much.  Oh well, we'll have to ask the dogs if they mind the extra crispiness! 


I actually tasted one - they are pretty good!  Kindof like a hearty cracker.  Fun!



Vegan Doggie Treats

1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
2/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup parsley flakes (for good doggie breath)
1 banana
3 teaspoons flax seed

Mix flax seed with water to create egg consistancy
Mix with all other ingredients and water until the dough is like "people cookie dough"
Roll out on floured surface to desired thickness
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

How sweet and cute and yummy looking!...and you can't go wrong with peanut butter and banana...

...I'll have to make some for Jack...

Love,

T

Unknown said...

The grandpups loved these treats! And then stole the plastic wrap full of crumbs out of the trash because it was so good! Thanks for making them!!!